JUAN ANTONIO ARGUELLES RIUS/MATS HÖJLUND
MULTICORE CPU WITH PLENTY OF MEMORY
Psycle is a free, Open-Source, music creation program that offers an easy way to create your own music, fast, and with high quality. Roots of program come from Buzz. Psycle uses a classical tracker interface (a text grid of notes which are sequenced one after the other), coupled with modularity (plugins) that allow to extend the sounds that you get from it. Tracker supports three ways to get sound: its own native format, the VST Plugin standard, and recorded .wav samples using the sampler machine.
- A 64 Tracks Pattern Editor, with up to 1024 lines.
- 256 sequence positions.
- Audio Routing (machine) view to interconnect the virtual machines in order to
apply different effects.
- Internal Stereo Sampler unit which supports .wav and .iff files of any sampling rate, 8/16 and 24bits, mono or stereo.
- 70+ Native Plugins (generators & effects), most of them open-source and with an easy to use API to create new ones.
- Support for VST1 and VST2 plugin standard.
- Importing of .xm's/.s3m's/.it's/.mod's.
- Exporting to wav, as well as recording realtime to .wav
- Configurable Keyboard Layout
- Midi-In Support (control Psycle using a midi keyboard, or even a software
- Themes and skins support and much more.