Miditracker


[NO SCREENSHOT
AVAILABLE]

WEBSITE
DOWNLOAD

AUTHOR/CREW
Patrick Aalto

LICENCE
FREEWARE

SOURCE
CLOSED


GENERATION
FM

PCM

FM/PCM

FM/PCM/VST

PCM/VST


PCM/VST/OTHER


DEVELOPMENT
ABANDONED


STABILITY
BETA



LAST UPDATE
1991

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  - MPU-compatible MIDI card (or Roland LAPC-I, which is basically the same thing).
- VGA display. MidiTracker uses the 80x50 text mode, which xists only on VGA cards. Sorry about this, but, as I said, I made it for my personal use..
- Microsoft or Mouse Systems compatible mouse. Actually, MidiTracker would not require you to have a keyboard at all, as it NEVER reads ANYTHING from a keyboard! Everything is done using a mouse. True 'point and shoot'!

OVERVIEW

Some words from author:
Once upon a time, I happened to come across a program called ScreamTracker. It is a program that plays four-channel music, using 8-bit sampled waveforms, on a PC. In other words, it plays much the same kind of music Amiga is very famous of. It can play Amiga NoiseTracker modules, too. It sounds quite good if you have a SoundBlaster card.

  As it happened, I did not have a SoundBlaster, so I had to listen these modules using the PC internal speaker. I did that for a while, until one day I got an idea. Actually, I was just playing something with Scream Tracker, when I suddenly thought: 'Hey, wait a minute! What the hell am I doing? I'm playing music thru the PC internal speaker, although I have a MIDI-card in my PC, and I have a sampler sitting idle on my desk! This must be really stupid!' So, I started thinking how I could play these modules thru MIDI, and specifically,
using my Akai X-7000 sampler.

     After a long time of coding and improving the program, which I named 'MidiTracker', I finally was able to play ScreamTracker modules using my sampler. Then I thought that perhaps someone else has the same problem, but as it would be a very strange coincidence if that someone would happen to have an Akai sampler too, I started to change MidiTracker so it could be used with
just about any synth. I also added the option to play original Amiga modules, although this option is still quite buggy.. Well, anyways, this program is what I came out with.

FEATURES
[NO INFO AVAILABLE]

MIDI SUPPORT
YES

IMPORT/EXPORT

IMPORT:


EXPORT:


MISC
[NO INFO AVAILABLE]

FOUND BUGS, MISTAKES, BROKEN OR INCORRECT LINKS? 
IMMEDIATELY REPORT ME 

No comments:

Post a Comment