A Windows-based PC running XP with Net 3.5 framework.
Arkos Tracker is a freeware Windows-based tracker to compose music for the AY3-8912, a soundchip used in the Amstrad CPC, but also on MSX, Spectrum, Atari ST and many other computers in the 80's. Program is born from the native CPC tracker called STarKos, which I also programmed. It retains most of its features, extends some, and will evolve in future versions.
- 256 positions available.
- Each position is composed of 3 tracks, one par channel.
- Manages 512 tracks, each one being reusable several times in different positions OR in the same position, why not. Memory saving !
- A track can have a height from 0 to 127.
- Each track can be be transposed independently.
- The whole song can be transposed.
- Each position has its own height, from 0 to 127, independently of the height of the tracks. 255 instruments free to use.
- Each PSG registers can be modified while creating instruments.
- Each track/instrument is compacted in memory, this one is reorganized after every modification, so you've got plenty of memory for you!
- Frequency replay of 13, 25, 50, 100, 150 or 300 Hz. Digidrums are supported: it is possible to enter 'SPL' keys along with a sample number, that can be read through the external player while playing the song. However, you can't load/hear a sample inside the editor.
AKS, YM, WAV, BIN